The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it True that "SECURITY VULNERABILITY" IN CPANEL? Email System not Working?

Discussion in 'Security' started by kiran, Mar 19, 2004.

1. kiran

kiran Member

Hi All,

Actually my problem is, All my sites are down from lastday & All my clients are UNABLE to Access their Emails from Past 6 Days.

Actually i'm a Reseller account holder from a Reputed Cpanel Distributor & Hosting Provider.

Now my Hosting Provider saying that "Cpanel got a security vulnerability problem. This problem will going to continue till the CPANEL releases the New Patch for this. We already contacted the cpanel guys over at darkorb to have it fixed up."

Due to this 6 days Downtime my business SCREWED like anything & I lost my some good clients & my money also.

Now my Reseller Hosting Provider saying that PLESK is stable & Good, If you want you can switch to PLESK.

IS IT TRUE THAT THERE IS A "SECURITY VULNERABILITY" IN CPANEL? IS IT PLESK IS MORE STABLE THAN CPANEL?

Actually i'm very much familier & user friendly with Cpanel as wel as my clients, Plz help me to get the right info.

Thanks,
    Kiran

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    No such vulnerablilty that we aware of that would cause your issues. We several servers and none have had any issue like this. I would press your provider to provide more info on this.

3. Devil Inside

Devil Inside Well-Known Member

Agreed - while I have had a couple cPanel issues - None were server threatening or cause for downtime.

4. masondixon

masondixon Member

i got a security update message on the WHM home page, and when i clicked on the button to install the upgrade, it disabled access to cpanel & whm, and in the week following nearly every major package on the server has had problems: Mysql, PHP, cpanel, whm, mail server, iptables firewall, ftp, and the name server.

we didnt have some wierd setup and the upgrade button offered no warning about possible damage it could cause.

i got cpanel because i thought they seemed more fun than plesk. i guess fun meant irresponsible and unprofesstional.

5. efeito

efeito Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

No issues on here too. If you take some time everyday and if you pay attention to security advisories and security updates, cpanel by himselve cant hurt much...

Maybe your provider just dont pay attention or missed this points.

And for my experience, stable isnt a good adjective to Plesk :D

If you need any assistance on this issue please PM me and i can help you very fast.

Regards

6. easyhoster1

easyhoster1 Well-Known Member

Find a new cpanel host...This is uncalled for and your host should know better!!

7. kiran

kiran Member

My Host Provider is ONEFUSION.COM

Hi all,

Thanks to all Whois has posted their reply & realised me that CPANEL is not having any "Serious Security Vulnerability" as such.

Actually my Host Provider is Singapore based CPANEL Distributor "ONEFUSION" http://www.onefusion.com

They dont even provide the Phone Number to Talk Live, They diverted all their calls to "VOICE MAILBOX" & Message BOX is always Full & Its not at all possible to LEAVE a message also.

They got a LIVE HELP on their website & Past ONE YEAR i'm seeing its always OFFLINE. I dont know whatz the use of putting a LIVE HELP Icon on their Website.

By considering all your replys & going through CPANEL FORUMS now i decided to stick to CPANEL itself & switch to another Host Provider who can give me atleast stable & reliable Hosting service.

Now i cannot take a Backup also, Bcoz backup to remote server is not at all working. I tried to download my clients data through FTP, It is saying that I've to Upload something before download anything. I dont know what to do.

By these kind of Host providers only CPANEL Name is spoiling.

Again thanks for all who visited my post & replied by sparing your valuable time.

Thanks alot.

Kiran

8. kiran

kiran Member

Hi DGBAKER, Thanks for your reply.

actually my host provider is http://www.onefusion.com

Kiran