The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is more than one domain possible for addon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by estado3, Sep 9, 2010.

1. estado3

estado3 Member

In the event where the cpanel account area says
    addon domain 0/1

Is it possible to actually have more than one domain on the account?
    It sounds possible that you could have the main domain in a sub folder and as many other domains as you need in their own sub folder of the main domain, but if the hosting says addon domain 0/1 does this mean only one domain can be added regardless?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Short answer, yes. If it says 0/1 addon (or parked) then you can only have one.

Of course, you can have as many directories as you like, but all would be on the same domain.
    domain.com/cars/
    domain.com/boats/
    domain.com/rocketships/

3. estado3

estado3 Member

I should have elaborated a little bit more, what I mean is I have several domains hosted at another server .coms .infos e.t.c.

I would like to transfer them to another host but this particular host in my cpanel account setting has:
    addon domains: 0/1

Lets say I have 15 tld I would like to transfer to the new server but the server has that :
    addon domains: 0/1

Can it be done i.e. can I transfer the hosting so that all files, mysql, email/forwarders associated with these 15 tld can be hosted at the new server even though it says:
    addon domains: 0/1 ?

If it is possible would a simple backup of my old host files, mysql, emails/forwarders e.t.c, and upload to the new host do this, with the least amount of trouble? Or is there an even easier way of just requesting the old host (which was also hosted on Cpanel) to transfer my files to the new host?

Thanks

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Your new host would be the one to focus on I think.

First, you'll need to request a larger package so that you can addon/park additional domain names. You can't if he does not allow this. 0/1 means your package doesn't allow this more than 1 additional.

Second, your new host, given your old accounts username and password can move any other accounts from another server to his servers for you. That doesn't mean move it and add to an existing account, but a whole new account.

Your host can better assist you with these questions, as it really does depend on what he allows or doesn't.

GL!