The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my disk space usage limited

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ken004, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ken004

ken004 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi! When I log on to my cpanel account, the stats menu on the left shows disk space usage as 1480.39/∞. But when I click on the link of "disk space usage" it shows me as though the disk space usage is limited. For example my public_html shows that it is almost full making me worried of uploading more files. Can someone tell me if my disk space is limited or not and maybe why it has to show the different figures. I am doing maintenance work on this website and I don't know my web host as yet although I will get to them with time my bosses give me their address. I really need this advice so that I can have a clear start. Please help

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Your Hosting Provider is the only one that can assist you with this. If you're not sure who that is, you might make use of the information located here:
    Find My Host | cPanel, Inc.

If I was you I might take a full system backup (if you're able to) for safe keeping. And then go over the account to see what can be removed. Old backups, log files, etc can take up a lot of space. Most of the time these sorts of things can be removed safely.

To get a clear start, you need to know what you have there and whats needed, or not. If taking stock in the account is not an option, the only other is to get with your Hosting Provider and ask them about storage space issues.

HTH!

3. ken004

ken004 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks. Let me check out those links and see how to get to my provider as soon as possible