The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is my domain poisoned?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cinquecento, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Cinquecento

Cinquecento Member

A parked domain on my server has stopped working.

DNSreport and whois show that everything is correct - but test the domain and I end up with a 403 from a windows server. A traced showed this to be 213.171.219.226 - an IP I find is mentioned a lot in the context of Trojans and Spyware and which most definately does NOT appear in the DNS records for the domain. The client also gets this problem - so it must be local to the server.

Where is this being caused - I'm lost!

many thanks

Ian

2. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What's the domain name? What does www.dnsstuff.com say when you get an A record, does it return the right IP? Also does the optional "trace all nameservers" at the bottom of the dnsstuff.com screen verify that all is working?

3. Cinquecento

Cinquecento Member

It's all come good

The A record was an 'alien' IP address. It's all started working again now after I modified and then unmodified the DNS settings for the domain - which I guess reprogagated the correct settings.

I still don't understand it - but since it's working again I can't diagnose it any further!

Thanks

Ian