Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Is Nagios a good fit for cpanel server monitoring?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThinIce, Nov 6, 2006.

1. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all

Does anyone have any experiences to relate with Nagios monitoring software? Is it a good fit with Cpanel? Does it lessen the amount of time you spend in downtime / troubleshooting? (i.e does it give good ROI for the time you spent setting it up?)

Comments much appreciated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Works great, it can monitor everything if you set it up that way. For things like cPanel/WHM it can do a TCP health check. You probably can even make it login to cPanel but I have not tried that.

It is very quick to show you the problems, if any, that exist on your network.

We use nagios and I know at least 1 other large management company that uses it for monitoring all of the servers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 eth00, Nov 6, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  3. ffeingol

ffeingol Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have to agree also. We've used Nagios for many years and it's worked great for us.

Frank