Is nginx admin is best nginx plugin for WHM?

lowhigh

Jun 25, 2011
Hi all!

I have install nginx as a reverse proxy follow this guide: HOWTO: Using nginx to accelerate Apache on Cpanel server | Code Me Now
It seems work well until i know there is a good plugin named: nginx admin.
I see, it was separated into severals units and it's easy to config through WHM, no manually done like that guide

In that guide, i have a little worried about " Obviously, the config file must be regenerated every time a new domain is added", so, each time, a park domain and addon domain is created, i have rerun the shell scripts? it's so uncomfortable!

Any one can tell me: nginx admin plugin is stable for Cpanel? My above worry is solved by this plugin?

lowhigh

Jun 25, 2011
Thanks kernow!

But i don't know when nginx admin automatically regenerate the config file for added domain such as addondomain or parked domain.
Should we click " Rebuild Virtualhosts"? or wait for little amount of time?

9xlinux

Verifed Vendor
Dec 20, 2009
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Nginx Admin will generate vhost/config as soon as you will add domain/addon domain/parked domain or sub domain. No need to wait and no need to click Rebuild Virtualhosts.
Rebuild Vhosts is not needed in most case, Reduild vhost is same as rebuild httpd.conf

lowhigh

Jun 25, 2011
Hi all!

Today, we have add many of addon domains, after adding and fill up data, i see that they run very well but look in /etc/nginx/vhosts, i don't see any new generated conf for these domain, so now, when we need to change something, i have rebuild Ngixn vhosts

Anybody can explain me, where to find the new info about these addon domain with nginx, how nginx process these new domain with out file .conf

Thanks!!!!!

lowhigh

Jun 25, 2011
Hi texo!
I have look in /etc/ngixn/vhosts, but i don't see anything new config file for new domains.
Anybody know, how nginx admin works?

allpar

Sep 16, 2005
Just be careful.

1) Back up your Apache config. You will NOT see the changes and when I tried this, the uninstaller did not work.
2) Check the web site and make sure there are no outstanding issues.

InterServed

Jul 10, 2007
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello,
has anyone tried this cpxstack.sysally.net ?
nginX+ PHP-FPM seems to work well
Regards
Never heard of it so far but after inspecting the files and watching their video presentation i can say it looks VERY promising , will have to test it on a development machine soon and return with results.

This is what i would expect cPanel to deliver for at least 1year but they are very lazy on such new features addition.

Last edited:

gnusys

Jan 18, 2013
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Never heard of it so far but after inspecting the files and watching their video presentation i can say it looks VERY promising , will have to test it on a development machine soon and return with results.
Hi,

We are the company behind cpXstack . A clean install and uninstall has been one of the plugins development goals . Please let us know how the test went .

Thank you,