The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is postupcp running? If so, when is it running?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jackie46, Feb 1, 2006.

1. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

I have a number of lines in /scripts/postupcp to remove PHPBB and Advanced Gustbook after upcp runs because we dont want it on our servers and if we dont remove it those script appear under ADDON SCRIPTS in the users control panel. We already have Fantastico that handles this and since there is no way to disable the display of SCRIPTS ADDON we are forced to remove PHPBB and Advanced GuestBook

The problem being, those entries are no longer being removed.

Postupcp is supposed to run at the very end of the upcp update but its not running or the order of processing has now changed.

2. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

Not this this has to do with postupcp - but just do not turn it on in Whm. Then it will not show up in Cpanel. Can also disable it in feature manager.

As a cheat with postupcp - if that works best for you - just put in the crontab

Code:
    30 5 * * * /scripts/cpbackup ; /scripts/postupcp
    Worst that can happen is that postupcp it runs twice.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Simplest answer is to look yourself, edit /scripts/upcp and search for postupcp and you can see where it runs it yourself.

4. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

We dont have PHPBB enabled in addon scripts in WHM yet it always installs inself and the checkmark is always enabled no matter how many times we uncheck this option it always reappears after upcp processing.

#4 jackie46, Feb 3, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  5. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

First of all, I'm not a Perl expert, thank god. Second, postupcp does not get executed at the end of UPCP at all. Postupcp is suposed to execute at the end of upcp processing so that if you have any special processing you want to add, that it is executed at final processing. This is no longer the case. The last part of upcp executes and installs enabled Addon Scripts and updates them. So whats the use of adding special processing to postupcp if its does not get executed when it should.

My postupcp contains the following;

rm /usr/local/cpanel/addons/phpBB -fr
    rm /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/monsoon -fr
    rm /usr/local/cpanel/addons/AdvancedGuestBook -fr

And thats because i have the monsoon theme disabled yet it gets installed everytime.
    And thats because i have PHPBB disabled in ADDON SCRIPTS yet it gets installed.
    And thats because i have AdvancedGuestbook disabled in ADDON SCRIPTS yet it gets installed after upcp processing.

If postupcp process was was executing when it should i would not have this problem! :mad:

#5 jackie46, Feb 3, 2006
  6. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

I have verified that AdvancedGuestbook and PHPBB gets installed after upcp gets executed no matter how many times we UNCHECK THE OPTION IN ADDON SCRIPTS.

...Done
    Updating addon type:scripts addon:AdvancedGuestBook version:latest.......Done
    Updating addon type:cpanel addon:bluelagoon version:latest.......Done
    Updating addon type:cpanel addon:monsoon version:1.5.......Done
    Updating addon type:whm addon:Xskin version:latest.......Done
    Updating addon type:modules addon:pro version:1.0rc36.......Done
    Done

Why? WHy is this happening. Included with this Monsoon theme gets installed and since its poorly supported we DONT WANT IT! Its unchecked and it gets installed every single time UPCP runs.

So thats why Chirpy, we add the this to postupcp and its supposed to get removed!

7. lloyd_tennison

Turn it off in Feature Manager. It has never shown back up for me (or if it did it disappeared later before I noticed it.)

8. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

#8 jackie46, Feb 3, 2006
  9. lloyd_tennison

And what does that have to do with the Feature Manager? It works fine all of the boxes I have tried. That thread does not say that they tried that.

Feature Manager - NOT Addon Scripts.

10. NT

NT Well-Known Member

I think he's saying disable it in Feature Manager, then it'll never show up in the cPanel interface.

I have the same problem - maybe it's time to submit a bug for this?

11. jrehmer

jrehmer Well-Known Member

Has anyone come up with a valid real solution? phpBB and Advanced Guestbook get installed no matter if I have them checked or unchecked, and after an upcp they get rechecked.

Its getting really annoying and I should NOT have to make a postupcp script to remove it when the functionality is there.