The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is suexec broken in current release

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inteliport, Sep 30, 2007.

1. inteliport

inteliport Member

I'm having an issue trying to get suexec to work, here's a bit of background

I moved a live old server running current on Fedora 1 apache 1.3 php 4 to Centos 5 using a script located on this board, which worked great btw.

Noticed that I could not update apache and realized I was using the release version and not the current on the new centos box and made the change and did a force update.

I've tried several different versions of apache / php to see if it would correct the suexec issue but no luck.

Currently I'm in the process of building apache 2.0 with php 5.24 and see if that works.

So how the hell do you get easyapache to set suexec correctly?

Currently all the user dirs and files set to their correct user names, my last resort would be to start all over.

And what's the story with mod_disable_suexec?

my best guess on all this is that easyapache is not installing suexec correctly at the apache conf level or at all in the apache conf files.

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

#1 inteliport, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  2. inteliport

inteliport Member

Fixed

Ok well I thought, it was operator error, used suPHP and cleared out session files in tmp, which was casuing the error when used in cgi mode.

Should have cleared sessions out prior to recompiling apache 8 times.

Do we never learn dang.

3. opt2bout

opt2bout Well-Known Member

Thank you inteliport!

After opening up a ticket because the EasyApache 3 scripts broke phpsuexec, etc. and still trying to figure things out...we had to switch to using DSO for the script handler instead of suphp. After hours of reconfiguring hosted sites that had php flag overrides in php.ini files (DSO doesn't support this...you have to use .htaccess) ... I saw this post.

Thank you inteliport!! I deleted the /tmp/sess_ files and changed the phpsuexec handler back to suphp, and everything is as it was before. NO ONE ever suggested this to us!

EDIT: Now, if we could just get the userdir mod to work again I'd be okay with the EA3 update.

#3 opt2bout, Oct 1, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  4. opt2bout

opt2bout Well-Known Member

BTW: Easy Apache 3 build 2741 fixes the mod_userdir with suphp!!!

5. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Do you have a reference for the script?

David