The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is suPHP experimental?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anup123, May 25, 2005.

1. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried suPHP instead of phpsuEXEC? Any experiences to share. I tried but somehow couldn't find the db backend to function, though the scripts were successfully running under uid/gid of the owner.

Is suPHP still expeimental?

http://suphp.org/

TIA
    Anup

2. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have used it on a couple of servers and have not had any problems. I like it over phpsuexec, because you can enable it and disable it per VirtualHost. Someone might be able to correct me, but I don't know if you can do that with phpsuexec. What db backend are you referring to?

From what I have been told the guy that wrote suPHP is doing a complete rewrite, completely rewriting the code. That is why there hasn't been any updates in some time.

3. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

Backend DB MySQL
    I do not see anything passed to the user/admin interface though the script runs fine and i do not see any errors anywhere. Yes indeed it's indeed good, only if i can get it running. Perhpas i'll give it another go during non peak hours and see if i succeed. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Anup