jndawson

Aug 27, 2014
Western US
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I have been working with a large hosting company that is revamping their services, including consolidating resellers' accounts (many have gone out of business, absorbed other resellers, etc.). I'm handling the cPanel server cleanup. One of the things I'd like to do is compare the various packages and features. Is there a handy way to create/export/view a matrix for the features in each package?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Feature lists are managed via:

"WHM Home » Packages » Feature Manager"

However, you can also view them directly via the command line in the following directory:

/var/cpanel/features/

Thank you.

jndawson

Aug 27, 2014
Western US
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello :)

Feature lists are managed via:

"WHM Home » Packages » Feature Manager"

However, you can also view them directly via the command line in the following directory:

/var/cpanel/features/

Thank you.
Thanks - I'm aware of the locations. I was wondering if there was a matrix to easily review and compare the 800 or so packages on the system. I'll probably have to build my own script to parse the files and build my own matrix, which I was hoping to avoid.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
There are no native options available for that type of visual output, but as you mentioned, you could develop a script based on those files that produces the data in a format that's useful to you.

Thank you.

jndawson

Aug 27, 2014
Western US
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I had been thinking the same thing and added it today.
Got this in the mail this morning:

Hello,

This feature request has been accepted

Title: Package and features matrix table

New Feature Request:

It would be quite handy to have a package and features matrix table to be able to compare the features in each package: Packages listed in column headers and features in rows. It would be even better if the matrix/table had check boxes to select/deselect features for each package.

Adding a row with check boxes to allow use of each package by resellers would be a nice addition.

Additionally, making an output that can be displayed to customers would help in defining/explaining the differences in the packages and features.

And it would be trivial to create an output to download into a csv file for off line use.

Regards,

The cPanel Feature Requests Community Team

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
To clarify, "accepted" means it is no longer in moderation and now visible to the public. It's not an indication that it's going to be implemented.

Thank you.