Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

is there a way to get notified of subdomain creation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by digitard, Sep 4, 2005.

1. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

Here's the deal.

For right now, til I get my new server, I'm using my hosting companies DIY DNS tools. I have all my stuff pointed toward their DNS and I login anytime an account is created and easily add them to the tool and it bounces to my server. Works fine for now... BUT... there is a big issue.

I also, obviously, need to do this for subdomains.

Is there a way to get cPanel to notify me via email, or whatever, whenever a subdomain is created so I can simply login and take care of this immediatly?

This wont be an issue shortly... but til then it'd be a very appreciated feature.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I've not seen anything that would enable that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

You could use my "monitor changes" script and just have it monitor the /var/named directory. You would be notified when any database file is added or changed which includes the addition of a subdomain.

See link in my sig below.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...