Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Is there a way to host site with cPanel inside NAT router ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by linux1979, May 31, 2009.

1. linux1979

linux1979 Member

Is there a way to host site with cPanel inside NAT router ? I know cpanel don't support that but is it possible for cpanel newbie to do that ? any help would be appreceated . Thank you.

Regards
    R.Karki

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sure it runs fine. The IP you license is your outbound IP.

You do need a static IP or you have to change the licensed IP every time your IP changes.

For SSL to work you also need 1:1 NAT translation on all of the SSL IPs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. linux1979

linux1979 Member

Thank you so much,

I have a static IP and I have already purchased license with cpanel. But my server is not up eversince i bought the licence. There are two reason

1. Because cPanel don't support setting up my server inside NAT router.
    2. I am confused and unable to setup NameServers. I have 8 IP address on that phone line. The main IP is registered with cpanel and I have also registered other four IP as a name server with my ISP.

I don't know what i should do next, all i know is i should get my server up and running, any help would be greatly appreceated. Thanks.

4. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    For #1 I have no clue of your errors, it should work just license the main outbound ip.

#2 bind all 8 ips to your firewall/router with 1:1 NAT translation to your server. then bing 8 lan ips to your server. That should fix it.

Pick 2 ips, use those as your nameserver and setup dns or if you are using your isp use those. Just puting ns1/ns2/ns3/ns4.domain.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. linux1979

linux1979 Member

Thank you sir,

I have a netgear router, which automatically picks up main ip and i don't think there is a way to bind other IP in this particular router.

Thank you

6. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Probably not, netgear does mostly consumer level stuff which would not have those features. You will need a different router/firewall to use all of the IPs.

7. linux1979

linux1979 Member

Dear sir could you please advice me what kind of router should i buy ? Or if i have to buy modem only what kind of modem shold i buy ? Thank you

Regards