The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there anyone i can pay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chrisa, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Chrisa

Chrisa Member

I have been up and down with cpanel for two weeks now and nodda. i have made my nameservers i have done everything i know to do. I cant afford to have my website not working anymore.Is there anyone i can pay to go in and set these two servers up?

2. Chrisa

Chrisa Member

your not online

your not online

3. ToddW

ToddW Well-Known Member

Hey Chrisa have you visited my site? It walks through setting up NameServers.... maybe a last option before you have to pay anyone... DNS Setup

4. Chrisa

Chrisa Member

yes i have been there

Yes i have been there and it helped me out alot turns out it was the name servers fault all along they never made the name servers like they was suposed to i got to find a new place to buy my domains cuz these guys suck and thanks to thaphantom for all his help.

5. 64bitguy

64bitguy Member

Buy?

Hi

As a heads up, you don't have to actually BUY anything when you are setting up your own nameservers. If someone is telling you that you must, something is wrong or someone is confused.

Your registrar should allow you to simply define the IP addresses of any name servers that you create (ANY).

Meaning: Once you own your domain name, the name server itself is just a sub-domain of that name.... IE..

ns1.yourdomain.com is a sub-domain of yourdomain.com so you don't actually have to pay anyone to register anything. If you already own domain.com, you already own everything you need.

In most of my domain management setups with various registrars, it is simply a matter of logging onto their servers, telling their software the name and IP addresses of my name servers (the ones that I have created myself under WHM on my servers) and then I must simply wait a little while for them to propagate the information back down to my servers.

If for some reason the changes don't "take", you may need to email your registrar and ask them to manually update their name server registration database to indicate the names and addresses. Again, none of this should actually cost you a penny, nor is it a big deal.

I find that about once a month, I must email a registrar and ask them to fix a name server identity issue. Again, no biggie. Just have the customer that owns the domain name email them with the domain name, desired name server names and the assigned IP address (of each). They should then be able to either make the change for the customer or they will send them back an email telling them that they have fixed the problem and the customer may make the changes themselves..

Anything BUT rocket science!

If you are looking for a good registrar to help you with this (an inexpensive one) I recommend http://123cheapdomains.com. Their setup is easy to use and all of your management functions are available via an online interface. You can even bind all of your domains together under one login ID so that you can manage them all from one screen.