The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a BUG or am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buabco, Oct 15, 2004.

1. buabco

buabco Member

HI!

one of my customers got hacked and I kindly offer to restore a backup made by automatic backups on WHM.

The first thing I learned is that I should not put the backup file in 7home, since there is left a /homedir/ directory with a copy of the actual dir of the customer. :mad:

BUt what I couldn't figure out is that this customer is very close to it's couta, lets say 90% or something, and since WHM left a copy of its /homedir/ when it unpacked the .tar file... it definatelly left him over it's cuota, now since it's over it's cuota it seems that the email addresses where not created, in fact it took me a while to realice that the /homedir/ was bugging me so I couldn't create the emails accounts myself.

is this a BUG on the way backups get restored or should I take some other steps before making a restore of a backup?

Other wierd thing was that before doing a restore of the backup file I deleted the account, and when it got restored I keep getting a NO ACCESS page when accessing the acount, this problem seems to go away when I manually created the account.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Sounds like a possible bug to me. If you think it is, then you could log a bugzilla/enhancement request so that the restore function either disables or temporarily doubles the users quota while the account is restored and then sets it back down on completion.