The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this possible?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Worsin, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Worsin

Worsin Member

We are bidding on a job that requires our ability to automate a software installation on setup. Im thinking their request is a tall order so i would like to verify this with the community. Let me explain the set up fully.

Software:
    WHMCS Billing
    WHM/cPanel (of course)
    Customer Software (no database needed)

When an account is created we need a folder unzipped into their public_html directory containing the software (example: public_html/software/).

Then we need 2 emails created based on info they give in the signup form.(Example: john@mydomain.com and bounce@mydomain.com).

After that a cron job for email piping and a redirect script containing info from signup that sends them from the public_html folder to the software maker.

1 question.

Does cPanel have an api that can handle setting up emails and cron jobs etc. or am i looking at finding a pearl programmer?

Thanks in advance!

Also if this is possible then i will be needing someone to do it not sure where i post for that.

2. Worsin

Worsin Member

/Bump many many views on this but no response.

Has to be some brainy person out there that can answer this post.

3. kbuser

kbuser Well-Known Member

This one is easy. Just dump the files you need into the skeleton directory of root or reseller. Ie, your reseller account (the one that will own the other accounts) is named resell. Put the files you want to automatically be added to their new accounts in /home/resell/cpanel3-skel or more specifically /home/resell/cpanel3-skel/public_html

For this I'm fairly certain you'll need a programmer or a prebuilt solution. I don't think there is any automated way to do this through cPanel. A quick google search produced this:

PHP ::

What? The redirect will be easy, but what do you mean a cron job for email piping? (I'm familiar with both crontab and piping).

From the sounds of it you don't need anything in cron, but you will probably need a PERL or shell scripter familiar with cPanel. I'm guessing a lot of what you want to do can be added to /scripts/postwwwacct

As far as finding help, that depends on your budget.

I have over 2 years experience with cPanel server administration, I manage 4000 accounts across 3 cPanel servers (1 is dns only). If you're interested let me know, or I can make some suggestions as for where to look for help based on your budget.