Issue installing WHM with Firefox 33.0.2

t0ken407

Nov 3, 2014
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I'm running into a weird issue when installing WHM using the Firefox browser. After I've completed an installation (seemingly without issue), and I log out for the first time, the next time I go to the log-in screen, I'm greeted with an error "The security token is missing from your request", and after I log-in, I'm forced to go through the installation process again. Though, the second time I'm going through the installation, the information I've entered previously (on the first install) appears already populated. This ONLY happens in Firefox. With Chrome and Opera, this does not happen (except, I do get the 'security token missing' error with those browsers as well). Any ideas?

Attachments

t0ken407

Nov 3, 2014
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I might add, that with Chrome, I received a different type of error immediately after the install finishes. Logging out and logging back in is the only way to get past this. I do get the "security token missing" error when I get back to the login screen, however, after I log back in, I'm not presenting with the installer again like when using Firefox.

Attachments

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

How are you accessing Web Host Manager? Are you entering a URL directly into your browser, or is it auto-populated or accessed from a bookmarks menu?

Thank you.

t0ken407

Nov 3, 2014
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Thanks for responding! I'm accessing directly from a URL. I.e., I type /https://xxx.xxx.xxxx.xxx:2087/ into a browser to reach WHM in these instances.

t0ken407

Nov 3, 2014
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
This happens on both Windows 8 64-bit and Arch Linux 64-bit. Also of note, the server(s) that this is being installed on are qemu/kvm virtual machines, and not barebones hardware. Thanks for the reply :)

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
This happens on both Windows 8 64-bit and Arch Linux 64-bit. Also of note, the server(s) that this is being installed on are qemu/kvm virtual machines, and not barebones hardware. Thanks for the reply :)
Please feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can access your system and make additional attempts to reproduce this issue. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.