Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue saving EXIM configuration

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dclaar, Mar 2, 2018.

1. dclaar

dclaar Registered

Mar 2, 2018
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    It doesn't appear to be possible to create a global exim filter, only a .yaml one; otherwise I might be able to shift the filtering up to the account level. Re-entering 250K lines of exim filters into the cpanel GUI for account filtering...<shudder>

I thought that the dovecot log files might help, but they want some global config file that either exists someplace else, or that I can't access. And they seem to be binary.

Sorry for the length, but I'm trying to be complete.
    First, I'm a lowly user. I have had a ticket with lunarpages for a bit (4427801), and they've reached out to cpanel as well (Cpanel support 9309767).

I have a really large set of exim filters (250K lines), which used to work fine. When they updated to centos 7 and a newer cpanel, the exim save command within the filters stopped working.

Each user has a simple redirect to the account email. The account email then uses etc/filter to deliver things appropriately, e.g. for user dog:
    if $h_to matches "dog" then
      save $home/mail/domain/dog/
      seen finish
    Previously, this would create a message in $home/mail/domain/dog/new. Now, even though "Track Delivery" happily reports success:
    Delivered To: /home/domain_account/mail/domain/dog/
    Router: central_user_filter
    Transport: address_directory
    There's no email.

Support suggested changing to
    if $h_to matches "dog" then
      seen finish
    That also doesn't work.

I know that it is hitting the exim filter, because I have logwrite messages, and because I have added a deliver line, and the email shows up there.

As the system is now centos, the redhat-release bit doesn't work, and there's no centos-release, but here's the suggested status command.

$ grep '' /etc/redhat-release /usr/local/cpanel/version /var/cpanel/envtype ; grep CPANEL= /etc/cpupdate.conf
    grep: /etc/redhat-release: No such file or directory
    grep: /etc/cpupdate.conf: No such file or directory
    #1 dclaar, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2018
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Per the support ticket (9309767), it looks like part of the issue was that a custom "filter" file was setup for the default account (e.g. $cpusername@domain.tld) as opposed to globally via the "Global Email Filters" option in cPanel. Additionally, the ability to customize the filter via the UI is limited to some extent. We have a feature request open at the following URL to enhance this:

Enhance Email Filtering Options

Thank you.