Santiago Perdigues

Registered
Nov 11, 2020
Buenos Aires
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello! I need someone to help me by editing a TXT record according to a requirement of the email marketing platform Perfit. They ask me to edit the original record "v = spf1 include: spf.hostmar.com" to the new record "v = spf1 include: spf.hostmar.com include: spf.myperfit.com ~ all". The record was edited and I waited 24 hours, but I'm still having problems. At the same time they asked me to create a CNAME "
consultorahelp.dkim.myperfit.com ". I did it too and I'm still having problems. Thanks for your help!

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Thanks for joining the forums, and sorry about the issues you're having with that email system.

The first thing to check would be to confirm that the record is working properly in the zone. I like to run this command on the system to make sure the zone is correct with no typos or other errors:

Code:
named-checkzone domain.com /var/named/domain.com.db
You can run this command anywhere on the server - just replace the "domain.com" portion with the actual domain that you are working with. If there are any issues in the zone itself, this will find them and let you know the line number where the problem is.

If that works fine, you can check and make sure the text record is propagating well by using an online tool such as SPF Check & SPF Lookup - Sender Policy Framework (SPF) - MxToolBox. That will query your DNS zone and make sure the record is propelry in place.

If both of those are working well, we'd need some additional information about the errors youre having to give you better details on how to proceed.

Santiago Perdigues

Registered
Nov 11, 2020
Buenos Aires
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hey there! Thanks for joining the forums, and sorry about the issues you're having with that email system.

The first thing to check would be to confirm that the record is working properly in the zone. I like to run this command on the system to make sure the zone is correct with no typos or other errors:

Code:
named-checkzone domain.com /var/named/domain.com.db
You can run this command anywhere on the server - just replace the "domain.com" portion with the actual domain that you are working with. If there are any issues in the zone itself, this will find them and let you know the line number where the problem is.

If that works fine, you can check and make sure the text record is propagating well by using an online tool such as SPF Check & SPF Lookup - Sender Policy Framework (SPF) - MxToolBox. That will query your DNS zone and make sure the record is propelry in place.

If both of those are working well, we'd need some additional information about the errors youre having to give you better details on how to proceed.
Thanks for your answer!
You mean have I to create a new register? If so, what kind of register? A, TXT, CNAME?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If the TXT record has already been adjusted you shouldn't need to do anything else. That information was just a way to check and see if the changes that have already been made are working well.

If the changes are working and showing up in DNS there are likely other probems. What specific issues are you seeing at this time?

Santiago Perdigues

Registered
Nov 11, 2020
Buenos Aires
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanks for your answer!
You mean have I to create a new register? If so, what kind of register? A, TXT, CNAME?
If the TXT record has already been adjusted you shouldn't need to do anything else. That information was just a way to check and see if the changes that have already been made are working well.

If the changes are working and showing up in DNS there are likely other probems. What specific issues are you seeing at this time?
SPF:
The email marketing platform tell me:
"You must modify the TXT record of the consultorahelp.com.ar domain so that it has this content:
v=spf1 include:spf.hostmar.com include:spf.myperfit.com -all"
So I edit the register like this: (see attachment)

DKIM
The email marketing platform tell me:
"It is recommended to create a CNAME record for the domain perfit._domainkey.consultorahelp.com.ar with this content:
consultorahelp.dkim.myperfit.com."
So I edit the register like this: (see 2nd attachment)

Thanks!

Attachments

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That looks good to me, expect I believe you'll need to add a period to the end of the cname record. Most DNS records with names need a period at the end to be processed properly, so I'd just add that and then double-check everything again.