The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with CPAN

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zenpig66, Feb 12, 2005.

1. zenpig66

zenpig66 Active Member

I just recently picked up a new server and went through the motions of setting it up which initially went fine. Ran into two issues which I think are caused by the same thing, though. When attempting to add an add-on to CPanel via Whm(like CPanel pro) it constantly received md5 checksum errors. As well, whenever /scripts/upcp is used it prompts for configuring CPANPLUS and attempts an install of it. I've never known a CPanel server to utilize CPAN++ so was a bit perplexed at that.

Anyway, I checked through /home/.cpan/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt and found the CPANPLUS was listed throughout. For example, Archive::Extract 0.07 K/KA/KANE/CPANPLUS-0.052.tar.gz. Every other server I use has instead, for this example, Archive::Extract 0.07 K/KA/KANE/Archive-Extract-0.07.tar.gz.

Couple of questions. I am assuming this is a bad CPAN install and is there a safe way to reinstall it? If I take a known good 02packages.details.txt and simply replace will that more than likely resolve the issue or is there any other area to check for what CPAN uses?

thanks for any help,
    Steve

btw; it attempts to config. CPAN++ on every perl module install and as well, Archive-Extract-0.07.tar.gz is not in the K/KA/KANE/ directory.

#1 zenpig66, Feb 12, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  2. networxhosting

networxhosting Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I am having this issue as well, on a CentOS 3.4 server

Any solutions?

3. networxhosting

networxhosting Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Any updates? I havent found a fix just yet...

4. Bruce

Bruce Well-Known Member

I am on a CentOS 3.4 server as well.

Testing connection speed...(this could take a while).....open3: open(GLOB(0x8102cac), >&0) failed: Invalid argument at /scripts/cpanpingtest line 78
    open3: open(GLOB(0x8102cac), >&0) failed: Invalid argument at /scripts/cpanpingtest line 78
    Ran out of working CPAN mirrors. Please contact cPanel Support at /scripts/cPanelPerl.pm line 209