Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Issue with emails on VPS

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by ibnabdulfatah, Dec 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ibnabdulfatah

ibnabdulfatah Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    hello i have VPS from asmallorange

i have a Problem: Emails are delivered to spam folder.

Try the support in more than one way and the problem still exists
    I want messages to arrive in the Inbox folder.

I want an effective and fast solution

2. LordSolarMecharius

LordSolarMecharius Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Generally speaking if the email is delivered (i.e. you don't get a bounceback message) and is being routed to the recipient spam box, that is the result of filtering on the recipients end, so your options might be limited outside of asking the recipient to whitelist your email address or modifying the content of your email.

I would also ensure that you have SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records set up for your domain. While not guaranteed to do the trick it won't hurt. You can check the cPanel documentation for how to implement SPF and DKIM, as there is a utility built in to cPanel to enable those. There are DMARC record generators online you can search for, which you can generate and then add in cPanel under the 'Advanced Zone Editor' as a TXT record.

Next, I would review the email you are sending and make sure it doesn't look 'spammy'. I know that for the servers I work with some common things which are flagged as spam characteristics are:
    All capital letter subject lines
    "Hello dear" opening lines in the message itself.
    HTML content
    Attachments such as .zip or .pdf files.

Those are just some examples. A search online for 'stop emails going to spam' will turn up oodles of articles and the like which can give you some ideas as to what you can do.

You could always do some checks in regards to your mail IP reputation using tools such as senderbase or mxtoolbox as well, as there may be a possibility that your mail IP has poor reputation or is listed on an RBL. As I mentioned above however, that's unlikely unless you're getting flat-out bouncebacks from messages you're sending.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...