The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with new install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Webhostage, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Webhostage

Webhostage Registered

Jun 2, 2016
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I'm working with a fresh install on a minimal Centos 7 install. CSF is also installed but disabled presently. Upon installing cpanel all looks well from ssh, and when you resolve the IP for the sever it renders the default cpanel page successfully. However if you attempt to access cpanel or WHM it returns a connection time out error. For the life of me I am unable to figure out why I cannot connect. As I mentioned the firewall is offline, but even if it wasn't offline:

[root@localhost ~]# netstat -an | grep :2086
    tcp 0 0* LISTEN

Further cpanel is running and up to date (I just installed it about an hour ago)

[root@localhost ~]# service cpanel status
    Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status cpanel.service
    â cpanel.service - cPanel services
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/cpanel.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: active (running) since Thu 2016-06-02 16:02:46 UTC; 57min ago
    Main PID: 5146 (cpsrvd - dorman)
    CGroup: /system.slice/cpanel.service
    ââ5146 cpsrvd - dormant mode - accepting connec --llu=1464883366 -...

Jun 02 16:02:45 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting cPanel services...
    Jun 02 16:02:46 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: PID file /var/run/cpsrvd.pi...
    Jun 02 16:02:46 localhost.localdomain restartsrv_cpsrvd[5135]: Starting PID 5...
    Jun 02 16:02:46 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Started cPanel services.
    Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Is it possible your workstation is restricted from accessing the ports that cpsrvd listens on? Try accessing cPanel/WHM from another location or another connection to verify if that's the case.