The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with server connectivity

Discussion in 'Security' started by crazyaboutlinux, Nov 11, 2010.

1. crazyaboutlinux

crazyaboutlinux Well-Known Member

one of our client have 3 websites hosted on our server.

domainA.com
    domainB.com
    DomainC.com

And they are using all 3 sites at their 3 different offices (Office A, B & C) & they are using cyberoam firewall at all 3 locations (Office A, B & C)

And they are using Internet broadband wireline have 3 different static IPs.

And we are using

WHM 11.26.20
    cPanel 11.26.20
    CENTOS 4.8 i686 virtuozzo
    ConfigServer Security & Firewall - csf v5.11

Now the problem is everything is working fine if we keep disable csf firewall on our server, But as we enabled csf firewall their work is stuck at office

C only. they are not able to send/received email on outlook express & not able to open whm, cpanel, webmail. As we disabled CSF Firewall

everything is work. but keelp disabling CSF firewall on the server which is not good for server security.

I've checked their local ISP's IP addess in our CSF firewall & it is not blocked, also checked in Temp Deny but it is also not there. infect i've added

their Local ISP's IP in on our csf.allow & csf.ignore. But the problem is still same as it is.

I need your Help, So please Help me guys to fix this issue.

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

For our purposes, is it safe to say that the only real connection for these three accounts is that the same company owns them? Or are you saying that Company A will use domainA, domainB and domainC?

A) Can company 'C' view the websites of A, B or C?

B) have you verified the IP address that's being used by 'C' using a tool such as checkip.dyndns.org?

C) have you tried allowing a range of IP in the csf.allow files instead of a single IP?

3. crazyaboutlinux

company A will use domainA.com, Company B will use domainB.com And Company c will use All 3 domains domain A , B & C.com

A) Can company 'C' view the websites of A, B or C?

>> Company 'C' can't able to view websites of A, B or C when csf is running on the server & only can see when csf csf is disabled.

B) have you verified the IP address that's being used by 'C' using a tool such as checkip.dyndns.org?

>> yes, i have verified through What Is My IP Address - Shows Your IP Address

C) have you tried allowing a range of IP in the csf.allow files instead of a single IP?

>> yes, I tried to allowing a range of IP in csf.allow & csf.ignore.

4. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

Well... that's all sounding correct. Perhaps you should post over at forum.configserver.com

:confused:

5. crazyaboutlinux

#5 crazyaboutlinux, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010