The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues after buildapache.sea

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by portman, Mar 15, 2003.

1. portman

portman Well-Known Member

We use this all the time and generally have no issues. here is what we are seeing of late.

After running buildapache.sea apache no longer wants to load DAV even though it was compiled with it. Commenting the DAV sections out of httpd.conf let apache restart but we would like to run DAV.

Also, on only one server. (RH7.2) frontpage no longer allows users to publish.

Same server seems to have corrupted at least one user's directory password protect. It will not work with protect on but will permit the removal of protect for temp acccess and the subsequent re estrablishment of protect prevents all access when re-applied.

One a different server (RH8) mod_ssl never seems to update tot he secure version.

Anyone see any or all of these issues of late? They have to server related. I am just not sure what relation they are at this point.

2. portman

portman Well-Known Member

Here is the dav error on apache restart.

Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libdav.so into server: /usr/local/apache/libexec/libdav.so: undefined symbol: XML_SetElementHandler

I can;t seem to find too much on the web that might be relevent.

3. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I have had trouble from time to time with buildapache.sea.

Try re-compiling again, of course and you may want to do the custom config and avoid the dav module??

Just a thought.