The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues Installing a standard Godaddy UCC Certificate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rayven, Dec 25, 2011.

1. rayven

rayven Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello CPanel community,
    I'm running the latest CPanel 11.30.5 build 2, and have run into a problem.
    I have a standard UCC SSL certificate from GoDaddy, and my domain has a detacated IP address.
    The certificate's commen name is //www.firestar-hosting.com
    I have 1 out of 4 Subject Alternative Names. The only Subject Alternative Name is ebill.firestar-hosting.com
    I'm trying to secure both //www.firestar-hosting.com and ebill.firestar-hosting.com
    Which that's what I'm lost on. How do I install the certificate to secure both of them?

2. storminternet

storminternet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If the ssl is issued on domain 'www.firestar-hosting.com' only then you can not install it on subdomain of the same domain.
    You will have to purchase another ssl for subdomain ebill.firestar-hosting.com

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If this is really a UCC certificate, and the thread title and post both mention UCC, then that assessment isn't correct, since UCC certificates can cover all domains you select when the UCC is issued. The only requirement is that you must select the exact domain(s) you want covered, including the subdomain name, since a UCC isn't the same as a wildcard certificate.

rayven, please try following the steps noted here:

https://forums.cpanel.net/f5/godaddy-ucc-multiple-domain-ssl-whm-101193.html#post956852