The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues migrating a particular Plesk domain

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by phrogg, Nov 30, 2011.

1. phrogg

phrogg Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have recently stood up a new cPanel server and I'm moving all my stuff from an old Plesk server. Migration has gone really smoothly thus far and I'm about done with all of the domains. But I've just hit a road block with one customer domain. He has 3 domains with me and 2 of them moved very easily but the third has given me an error.

I've actually pushed a ticket in through cPanel support but they have been less than helpful with just template suggestions back as to what to do, all of which are just repeating the same error by trying to keep doing the same things over and over again. I've done this both through the cPanel interface as well as over on the Plesk server where it drops the scripts in. The results below are from when I run it on the Plesk server using /scripts/pkgacct <domainname>. One thing I can note at this point is that this particular site does have a secured directory through Plesk. I'm not sure if that matters or not but it might give someone a direction to look. And if the code wasn't all obfuscated I'd just be in the perl looking for a solution myself ;-).

Thanks for any help. The output of the pkgacct is below.

pXa DNS is **********.com
    pXa Grabbing crontab for....Done
    pXa Copying password...Done
    Fetching psa userid using v5 method
    v5 PSA UID: 191

PSA UID: 191

pXa Copying mailman lists and archives...Done
    pXa Copying DNS zone...Done
    pXa Copying SSL certificates and keys...Done
    pXa Copying mail...Done
    pXa Collecting autoresponders...Done
    pXa Copying ProFTPd data...Done
    pXa Copying www logs....Done
    pXa Copying statistics...Done
    pXa Grabbing mysql dbs...The database list contains: SFSiteDB
    Done
    pXa Copying Horde databases...
    ...Done
    Done
    pXa Copying parked domains...Done
    pXa Copying PostgreSQL databases...
    Done
    pXa Grabbing PostgreSQL privileges...Done
    pXa Copying home directory...Done
    No such file or directory at /tmp/.perl-ppk-57ak5U/lib/Filesys/POSIX.pm line 226
    Filesys::POSIX::_find_inode('Filesys::POSIX=HASH(0x950aa0c)', 'cpmove-sfsadmin/homedir/public_html/Validated', 'resolve_symlinks', 1) called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-57ak5U/lib/Filesys/POSIX.pm line 253
    Filesys::POSIX::stat('Filesys::POSIX=HASH(0x950aa0c)', 'cpmove-sfsadmin/homedir/public_html/Validated') called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-57ak5U/lib/Filesys/POSIX/IO.pm line 94
    Filesys::POSIX::eek:pen('Filesys::POSIX=HASH(0x950aa0c)', 'cpmove-sfsadmin/homedir/public_html/Validated/.htaccess', 513) called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-57ak5U/scripts/main.pl line 3369
    Script::Pkgacct::pXa::copy_protected_dirs('HASH(0x959a2c8)') called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-57ak5U/scripts/main.pl line 836
    Script::Pkgacct::pXa::script('Script::Pkgacct::pXa=HASH(0x8e37d54)') called at /tmp/.perl-ppk-57ak5U/scripts/main.pl line 44

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I have moved this thread over to our migration forum.

Could you post the ticket number that you have opened with our support department?

Thank you.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I believe I've identified the ticket you had submit regarding this issue. Please check your email as I've submit a reply to the ticket.

It looks like we had some questions that we had asked you regarding the issue, but we never heard back from you in the ticket. One of which questions was regarding that you hadn't posted the login information for the Plesk server. This left us unable to login and investigate anything.

Please check my reply to your ticket for full details, but this looks like it may be a matter of Internal Case 54846 in which a fix is present in our development release of our migration scripts. This will make its way to the general public release soon, but again I've posted further details on this in your ticket. You should be able to use the solution I've posted to your ticket to temporarily override the pkgacct utilities to use the development versions. If that still doesn't resolve the issue, it's not case 54846 and we'll need you to post the Plesk server's login details as originally requested.

Please feel free to further update your ticket with us to receive further assistance/investigation.

4. phrogg

phrogg Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Unfortunately, with the intermediate tickets that are running through my hosting provider, I hadn't yet received the info that you were requesting. I had actually posted in the ticketing system (not yours, theirs) about offering up login to the Plesk server but I had also not heard anything back.

But I did just receive your email that went to the ticket and bounced back out to me. I've actually pulled that dev version of the pkgacct and used it. Though it now completes it doesn't actually copy the domain over correctly. It's pretty messed up.

If I had direct access to the ticket (2030498) to be able to have this conversation back and forth I could provide the information necessary. But since I'm going through an intermediary it makes it difficult for all of us. I'm going to put new info in the ticket on my hosting provider and hope that it makes it back over to you.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to open a ticket with us directly if you have root access to both the Plesk and cPanel systems. We can then communicate with you directly in order to determine the cause of the problem.

Submit A Ticket

Thank you.

6. phrogg

phrogg Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you, I have submitted this ticket on my own. I appreciate the help. The ticket number is 2041017[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif].[/FONT]