Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Issues on CentOS 5 after update to 11-R18450

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavidR, Dec 14, 2007.

1. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

I updated today (regular minor update) and two things seem to have broken.

1. Main >> Service Configuration >> Exim Configuration Editor doesn't open, it just hangs while trying.

2. Main >> SQL Services >> phpMyAdmin won't let me in. I get the following message:

"Wrong username/password. Access denied."

I tried forcing a cpanel update, reboot the server, reset my MySQL root password - no luck. Has anyone else run into these two issues? Any ideas on how to fix them? Unfortunately, I don't have rollback enabled :(

Thanks for any help. The update left spam filtering disabled because it said I needed to merge my custom exim.conf settings manually (there were some changes with an update to exim) but I can't because the editor isn't working.

Thanks!

2. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

I managed to fix the first problem. The Exim Editor was choking because of the custom code I had in exim.conf, at least that appears to be it. After the update, exim required me to make some changes to exim.conf, which is why I was trying to use the editor. On another server it paused, then opened saying there was a problem. On this one, it just never opened. I copied a fresh, new exim.conf over and it opened up, then I set it up correctly and saved.

Now I just have to figure out why phpMyAdmin won't let me in from WHM. I may post that separately under a more specific post title.