The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with Firefox?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dersursine, Apr 30, 2005.

1. dersursine

dersursine Registered

I just upgraded my Cpanel/WHM install to the latest release, and after the updates found that Firefox starts to load WHM, but either runs forever and only gets a partial left frame and a few images from the right frame, or gets nothing from the left frame and a few images from the right frame. The sites we host still work fine (http://site:80), cpanel works fine, webmin works fine, but WHM acts bazaar like this in Firefox.

But the really odd part is that this only happens in firefox. If I open IE and connect to WHM from there, everything goes fine.

Are there any issues with the latest release build working with FF, or is FF just getting buggy?

--
    Dersursine
    cpanel@abadox.biz

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I'm running 10.2.0-RELEASE_19 and just tried in Firefox 1.0.3 PC and WHM had no problems loading.

What version of FF are you running? Perhaps you could try upgrading FF?

3. dersursine

dersursine Registered

I'm running the latest version with all extensions up to date. The funny thing is that I tried it in another profile and had no issues at all. So I figure I'll reinstall FF and then add exensions one by one untill I find the issue.

4. Redmumba

Redmumba Member

Really sorry if this has been answered already, but the problem is with ZoneAlarm if you're running it. Under Privacy, go to the Main tab and set Cookie Control to off. You MUST turn cookie control off, and not just setup a filter... I tried this (it even automatically detected and blocked the site), and modified the preset entry, and it doesn't work. You MUST turn all of it off.

Redmumba

5. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Not ture, we run with ZA with everything on HIGH, do the settings at the site level and it works just fine. By turning things off on the main screen you might as well just uninstall ZA for it is worthless at that point.

6. avijit

avijit Well-Known Member

There is no such issue with the Firefox and why dont you upgrade to 1.0.4

7. Redmumba

Redmumba Member

Thanks, I'll make sure to upgrade Firefox 1.0.4 to.... 1.0.4. The problem is a real problem, and whether its due to a glitch in Firefox or a glitch in ZoneAlarm remains to be seen. Either way, I had this problem before as well--but it randomly disappeared. I reformatted a few weeks ago, and until I disabled the privacy controls, I could only access cPanel through Firefox.

Also, I'm not sure if you know what ZoneAlarm is, but Cookie Control isn't its main function; it being a firewall is, and is my main concern. And while having cookies monitored is nice, I'd rather have them checked weekly by Spybot/Adaware than have to access cPanel through IE everytime. Keep in mind, the FIREWALL is not being effected, and this should only deal with ZoneAlarm Pro.