The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with php script not run on new server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by isputra, May 12, 2006.

1. isputra

isputra Well-Known Member

I've just moved to a new server and nearly all of my php sites are now giving me issues. I have verified that the re-write engine is installed first of all. This is particularly important due to most of these sites being configured with SEF rewriting the URLs. Most of the sites can't be displayed in Firefox (blank page) and IE (Can not displayed)

I've not slept in days (except a short nap here and there) trying to get this all configured. I have a partially managed server and their tech support team is trying to track down the issue, but I thought more heads are better than just one

The difference in the servers is the new one is CentOs with Apache version Apache/1.3.34 - The old server that worked perfectly (was a Managed.com server - enough said) was Redhat 9 with Apache/1.3.34 -

The both server have suexec and php suexec enabled. I have no experience with CentOS whatso ever, but I would think this would be an Apache/Php issue anyway because if the php file did not use session or cookie or rewrite will run well without problem.

Gurus, please come to my rescue here - Just point me in a direction of where to look. I've checked the httpd.conf file and that looks correct.

Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

Thanks

2. tolra

tolra Active Member

I don't suppose you get any error messages?

Have you tried setting display_errors = On in php.ini, does that generate an error message?

If you're relying on sessions do you have sufficient write access to the folder used to store the session files?
    Have you tried narrowing down the problem by creating simple scripts, first with a session and no rewrite then with a session and rewrite. May not fix it but might give you an idea were to look.

One last thought is, in php.ini is the setting for magic_quotes_gpc set incorrectly i.e. is in on when your scripts expect it to be off, might have no effect?

3. isputra

isputra Well-Known Member

My provider already fixed the problem for me. They told me that Problem is with php modules mysql and system mysql.. it should not be the same time, it should be system mysql only.

I'm happy man :D

4. sflc2000

sflc2000 Registered

Same problem - can access MySQL from command line, not with PHP, added the hosts via WHM, everything looks ok.
    ** How did you tell if the system + php mysql modules were running?

5. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

There are many ways to check whether a service/application is up and running. For MySQL and other services, you can login to
    WHM >> System Health >> Show Current CPU Usage
    or
    WHM >> Server Status >> Service Status

For Php, you can create phpinfo.php page and through your browser you can check on all modules and other applications running along with Php.