The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with resolving A and MX records for Domain hosted on my WHM server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leapingfoxmm, Oct 8, 2011.

1. leapingfoxmm

leapingfoxmm Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Everyone,

I am posting here because I am having issues with A and MX records being resolved on my server.
    I have a Virtual Private Server with an ISP in Australia that has the main server IP 203.217.2.103.

I created private name servers following a guide I found on the Internet.

These name servers are:
    dns1server1.lfmhosting.com 203.217.2.119
    dns2server1.lfmhosting.com 203.217.2.128

I have attached a screenshot detailing how I created the name servers in my account at my domain provider active-domain.com.
    creating name servers.JPG

I added the name servers to a couple of domains www.leapingfoxmultimedia.com.au and www.ryan-gomez.com and these resolved to the server fine, but today they have suddenly stopped working alltogether.

I have a feeling that there is an issue with the DNS settings in WHM but I am not sure. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction and tell me what settings I need to change in order to get everything resolving properly.

Previously I had problems with emails (I was only able to send/receive to domains on my server) but now that has also stopped working. I figure this issue is related to the DNS setting issue entailed above.

Pat

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: Issues with resolving A and MX records for Domain hosted on my WHM serv

/http://www.intodns.com/leapingfoxmultimedia.com.au
    /http://www.intodns.com/ryan-gomez.com

If both these domains are using the same nameservers, it shouldn't be too tough to match up your settings. One works, one does not.