The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with SPAM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maxihost2, May 23, 2005.

1. maxihost2

maxihost2 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Very often I have issues with SPAM. Sometimes my server is sending SPAM to other servers (my users) and sometimes my customers complain about getting too much SPAM.

Actually I use clamav to block viruses and for spam I use only RBL Rules, I tweaked my exim.conf.
    I dont get viruses at all, clamav seems to be very effective, although I am still getting too much spam.

Anyone can tell me any software/tweak that I can implement to block spam in and out ?

Thank you.

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It depends on the ACLs and RBLs you use on your server. We have our own set of rules that will block 99% of SPAM before reaching user's inbox.

Sending out SPAM is someting else. You need to secure your server by applying differnet security patches and activating different features. To stop "nobody", for example, from sedning out any email, you need to re-compile Apache with Phpsuexe.

For more information about Exim, nobody, SPAM, and related subjects, search this form.

Good luck!

3. maxihost2

maxihost2 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I have installed SURBL, anyone use it ?