The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

its all gone, help!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emerald, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Emerald

Emerald Member

I am not technical in anyway so bear with me.

I bought a site, and i was emailed links to get into cpanel and my admin account. All was fine and dandy for about a week then poof. The links wont work, I have no way to get to cpanel or admin account. I cant search for my site. Nothing anywhere, just says cannot display page. will say not connected to internet, url is no good, url might be mispelled.
    I dont know what to do. I host with turnkey-host, but he is never available, he wont return any calls or emails. Can anyone help me get this resolved? Someone said he might have given me a temporary link. Why would he do that, if he did.

2. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

If you have all the files from the website AND you control the domain name, MOVE !

So many web hosts out there are not reliable and this seems to be the case with yours. If your host will not return emails or calls but you have everything get thee to another host now !

:) Good luck.

3. BrandMan211

BrandMan211 Active Member

I personally understand downtime, as long as it's not excessive, but no support, when they guarantee 24/7? And they sell pre-made site's many of which with adult content! Looks terrible, I'd get out.

4. Emerald

Emerald Member

Files?? I got an email to a link for cpanel and a link for admin. Thats it. Yes I control the name. Theres no back door or way to access it differently? If I can gain the access to get back in, hell yeah I'm moving promptly. This was so unexpected. Im totally flustered with this situation. Id walk away if I could but I absolutely love the site, the graphics, the colors, ect.. So basically there is absolutely no way in or around this without the host?

#4 Emerald, Sep 5, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You could try yourdomain.com/cpanel/

6. Emerald

Emerald Member

didnt work

7. nyjimbo

What you are saying is that you bought a LIVE website, something already running and then they just gave you logins and such, but no copy of the website or any way to get in touch with the original owners?. Was this something designed for you or was it just "buying out" the original owner?.

Hate to say it but I think you really need to try harder get in touch with the host OR go to www.webhostingtalk.com, create an account for yourself there and then go to the webhosting forum:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

and post your nightmare with all details (not logins and stuff) and maybe others can help you or they can shame the web hosting service to help you. Its a pretty effective resource to light a fire under the butts of some lazy hosts.

8. koolcards

koolcards Well-Known Member

When you purchased the domain name, site files, et al, ... did it include hosting?

9. Emerald

Emerald Member

I bought a pre designed oscommerce site, I then had to get my own domain name, which i did and then sign up for hosting, which i did. Once it was all in order, he put my name on the site and sent me a few links in email, one for cpanel, one for admin, one for drop shipper, and one to conatact him. No files, nothing else. I was able to get in/on site for about a week. then I tried to long in other day and nothing. all i get is page cannot be displayed. ive called and called and called him, email, after email, im even getting extremely rude about it now. still nothing. so hes either gone, or ive got ripped off. ive called the place where i got the domain name, they have nothing for me as far as where to go about the hosting. they said something about it being a reseller host. so ive no clue, im totally flustered with the whole thing. There seems to be no way to get around any of this without him.

10. deanstev

deanstev Well-Known Member

Whats the domain name?

11. Emerald

Emerald Member

emeraldvibe

12. nyjimbo

Remember, a domain name needs the TLD, so its something.tld, what is it ?? .COM, .ORG ???

13. deanstev

deanstev Well-Known Member

#13 deanstev, Sep 6, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2007