The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've added addons in WHM but they don't show...

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by 7thDsites, Apr 6, 2007.

1. 7thDsites

7thDsites Member

Hi -

Can someone please explain to me -

I've added some addons via the WHM but they are not showing up in the individual cpanels for the endusers to install; why is this?

I'm also seeing some instances in which for instance phpbb is installed and shows up in the cpanels for users to add but when I click Addon Script Manager then Find Installed it's not listing all of the accounts that have installed it. What's up with this?

Thanks in advance for any insight here...

2. bidware

bidware Active Member

Support for addons seems pretty much non-existant. I noticed in WHM there are some add-on scripts that can be installed, but they don't work for the existing version of cpanel (but did previously)! But cPanel didn't bother to remove them (probably just to confuse everyone more, LOL.). So, there seems to be 4 different types of 'add-on' scripts that can be used in cPanel, but there is no documentation anywhere for it.

3. 7thDsites

7thDsites Member

frustrating

now our whm seems to really be screwed...
    some addons are showing up through the whm but are not properly reporting which accounts they are installed on - some don't show up in the whm but do show in the cpanels in the scripts library.
    I clicked to remove phpchat through the whm which it's now no longer showing there but does show within the individual cpanels and the user can still install it...
    I'm also getting yaml errors if I try to remove some installed scripts or if I try to upgrade them... what a nightmare!