The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ive broken my WHM reseller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dotnetuk, Aug 26, 2011.

1. dotnetuk

dotnetuk Registered

hi

Sorry to post here, my reseller is being less then helpfull, you get what you pay for I guess ( it is cheap )

Ok, I brought a cheap unlimited reseller account to test things before I got an account from a better host.

Ive run into a small problem,

Im using WHMCS as my billing, all works fine when I make cPanel account, on going to WHM the DNS zone there has my name servers for all cPanel accounts I make.

But when I made a RESELLER account this is using my hosts name servers.

I have my name servers set in WHMCS, so thought this would carry over to the reseller, but when I look in the DNS zone it the reseller WHM account it has my hosts NS, is there a way to use mine without having to put it in myself?

So I thought, WHMPHP has a name server settings, so thought I would do it there but looking there it would use the sub domian of my hosts.

Looking on the account for the reseller I see a setting for name servers, so once again I thought great this is the right place, so put in my name servers on the reseller account I created and saved.

This didnt work, so I did the same thing on my own reseller account.

I didnt know that I had to enter a value for bandwidth and disc space, I have now removed the UNLIMITED from my account.

I know that I can just enter a large number but was hoping that there is a way for me to get back the unlimited s that I dont get clients saying, hay, why is there a value, thought I was unlimited.

Would it be just a mater of my host reasigning a unlimited package to my account again.

So, in a nut shell this is what I wanted to do.

Create cPanel accounts to use my private name servers ( did that )
    Create reseller accounts to use my private name servers ( not done )

not setting discspace/bandwidth when adding name server to WHMPHP removed my unlimited, how to get it back

Sorry if this is long and confusing, but Im lost now... hope you dont mind me posting here

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    As a Reseller it is up to your host to provide you with support of course. If they can't or won't, and you leave them who could blame you? ;)

A Reseller account cannot create a Reseller account. While there is software that can achieve this goal, cPanel does not support that software. As the Reseller yourself, the nameservers setup for/by you are the nameservers your accounts below you will use.

cPanel does not support WHMPHP so I can't help there. You might want to google for WHMPHP and do some reading on the support forum if they have one, for tips that might be useful.

3. dotnetuk

dotnetuk Registered

hi

Yes I know they should provide support, just thought this was a public forum for help and info ... ;(

Sorry forgot to say I have a MASTER RESELLER.

I have my name servers in WHM-setup and in my DNS zone on the reseller account, these carry over to all the cPanel accounts that I create.

Should the name servers not then get carried over to RESELLERS that I have created? or am I missing somthing?

If my host downgraded my package settings in WHM and then UPGRADED to an unlimited package would this not solve my issue with losing the unlimited.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    This is a public forum for help and Info, yes of course, but for cPanel, not third party software that runs on cPanel like WHMPHP.
    So far so good. This is on the cPanel/WHM side of things.

Yes, cPanel does not support Resellers having Resellers. 3rd party software provides this functionality, so there's where you need to look for help with an issue or confusion on how that software works or doesn't.

WHMPHP Support

You might try creating a new Package via WHM and edit each Resource item to say unlimited. (If your Host allows you to Create/Edit your own Packages.) This would give you the Package in WHM that you can move the customer over to. You do that from: WHM > Account Functions > Upgrade/Downgrade an account.

Will that carry over to WHMPHP? I've got no clue. If you cannot wait for support you could try this I suppose.