The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jail Shell bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by manokiss, Jun 5, 2008.

1. manokiss

manokiss Well-Known Member

Wondering if this is a bug or there are any fix for this....

I have enabled jailshell in a user account, then i have deleted the account and re-created it, now when i enable jailshell it showing the following error when i login through ssh as that user:

shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory
    jailshell-2.05b$

I did check and i see the user in virtfs is root.root instead of root.user like others, looks like enabling/disabling jailshell, cpanel is not checking and correcting the ownerhisp for that user in virtfs?

Any idea or fix for this, i do not want play with virtfs as i know are bind mounts to the OS files and i dont wanna screw up something here.

Thank you in advance!

2. UmbraHosting

UmbraHosting Member

I am experiencing the same issue on one of our servers. Has anyone dealt with this before?

3. gdromig

gdromig Member
    PartnerNOC

virtfs / jailshell

I am experiencing something similar, except the /home/virtfs/username/home/username/ directory is completely empty. The other accounts have all the usual directories and permissions but not this one, for some reason? When you log in as this user, the prompt is jailshell 3.0# unlike a normal accounts domain> prompt.

4. GatorZach

GatorZach Registered
    PartnerNOC

What are the permissions on /home/virtfs/ and /home/virtfs/<user>/

As I recall, they should be 0711 root.root just like real /home

5. manokiss

manokiss Well-Known Member

We had this problem and has been fixed by cpanel support, supposed they have addressed this ti correct it, here is the temporary fix:

In the meantime, you can address this by executing:

/home/virtfs/USERNAME/home/USERNAME
    for i in $(grep USERNAME /proc/mounts | awk ' { print $2 }'); do umount $i; done

good luck!