The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jail shell bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tariqalsada, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Tariqalsada

Tariqalsada Member

Hi,
    I noticed that when a jailed shell user log into his account using SSH and type ls , the root contents appears to him , not his web site directory contents , but when he type for example cd home , his web site content appears to him ...

so the problem is just with viewing the root content when a user log in ...

is there any fix for this?

2. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

I've noticed that they can only view thier directory when in the /home directory but they can see all directorys outside of the /home directory. I wish they could see nothing except their directory in home. Then it would be just perfect.

3. chakky

chakky Well-Known Member

If I needed to add a few more processes to users such as mysqldump and mysql and then ability to use sendmail when they use pine

How do I add them?

4. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Mysqldump should already be available in the jail.

You can have other things added automatically by putting them in the correct spot.

For example we have several customized perl scripts and in order for the jailed users to use them we put them in /usr/bin/myscripts/ they are now automaticllay accessible to the jailed users.

One thing to remember is to be neat and tidy doing this as you don't want to interfere with other files by accident. That's why we choice to use a subdirectory.