The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jail Shell contains no files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cweb, Nov 14, 2007.

1. cweb

cweb Member

Hi,

I have just setup a new account and added jailshell access to it. I am able to login without issue. However when logged in none of the users files or directories show.

I have logged in as root and the /home/user contains files. /home/virtfs/user/home/user contains nothing (which is what the jailshell login shows)

Any ideas. We have other jailshelled users that are functioning without issue. Only seems to be an issue for new jailshells.

Any ideas?

2. Exa_Handy

Exa_Handy Registered
    PartnerNOC

Hello CWeb,

May I know if you have found the solution(s) on this matter ?

We have the same issue here. We have migrated one of our client hosting domain from server I to server T .

In server I, the hosting domain does have jail shell and working fine. For the migrated account in server T, the account jailshell show as below , once login.

---
    -jailshell-3.00$ pwd
    /home
    -jailshell-3.00$
    ---

There are no files found under virtfs folder as well. Please do assist.

Regards,
    Exa_Handy

3. gopeks

gopeks Registered

Any solution??

Hello,

I have the same issue. I can login to the jail shell. But I couldn't find any files or directories. I checked the permissions of /home, /home user and the files and directories. All have 644 and 755. The ownership of the files are also checked. The server is compiled as cgi. If anybody finds a fix pls do help..