The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jailshell .profile and Sftp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jorge, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Jorge

Jorge Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to make it work again .profile and Sftp using jailshell?

The biggest problem is with Sftp, when I try to connect through Sftp/jailshell I get
    I looked at /etc/shells, also in sshd_config and Subsystem sftp /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server is uncommented

Anybody know how to make it work?

Thanks in advance!

2. masood

masood Well-Known Member

I'm also looking for a solution ;)

3. indiboi

indiboi Well-Known Member

It's because the jailshell does not allow a user to access /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server ...by symlinking it into /usr/bin it would work, but then we need to figure out how to get that file to be included into the jailshell's virtfs bin directory.

Okay, I just brute-forced it and plain-ol' copied /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server into /home/virtfs/username/bin and it works... that's a one at a time solution to the sftp/ftp over ssh problem, but it works for me. The cpanel implementation of jailshell is too convoluted from the original for me to concern myself with trying to figure it out beyond that.

#3 indiboi, May 31, 2003
    Last edited: May 31, 2003
  4. howard

howard Well-Known Member

or you can just dump a copy in the /usr/bin (since the normal /usr/bin and the jailshell one are linked together removing stuff from /usr/bin will remove it frm the jailshell one)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: