The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Java/mod_resin

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by splashw, Feb 27, 2006.

1. splashw

splashw Registered

A client has requested either Tomcat or mod_resin, I tried Tomcat and it wouldn't run and WHM couldn't restart it, so I then uninstalled and switched to mod_resin and ran scripts/addresin for the domain. I think this has installed correctly, but the client says they can't see it. After installing is some sort of configuration required and if so how do I do it?

Looking at http://www.affordahost.co.uk/caucho-status I guess "localhost:6802 (down)" is part of the problem, what do I need to do?

I've got to admit I am completely new to mod_resin, and anything to do with Java in general, so any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

2. AnthonyCaesar

AnthonyCaesar Active Member

Im not 100% sure for mod_resin but for tomcat after you install it to WHM you must also install it for the individual domain(s) that request it. For tomcat click "Install Servlets" under the "Account Functions" hope it is the same for mod_resin.

3. splashw

splashw Registered

I can't see that option under account functions, although I guess it does something simlar to scripts/addresin, so I don't think that is probably the problem, but thanks for the suggestion.

4. erick_paper

erick_paper Well-Known Member

Sorry for rejuvenating a very old thread but did you ever figure this out?

5. splashw

splashw Registered

No I don't think so I'm afraid.