The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Java symlink under Jailed Shell?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lucas, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have setup a symlink at /usr/local/jdk/bin/java to /usr/bin/java but it's not being applied under jailed shell. I tried adding it manually to the virtfs folder of the user and it still will not work. Any ideas how can I do this?

Edit: I just noticed that when logged in with jailshell the java binary does not appear but when going to the virtfs folder through root it does. Not sure what is going on.

Edit 2: So I have tried almost everything I could. I unmounted all user jailed shell processes to see if that would reload the information from the server with no luck. I got the binary at /usr/bin/java but that symlinks to /usr/default/java/... and that does not exist under jailed shell. It's getting quiet frustrating... >_<

#1 Lucas, Jul 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    At this time we don't provide a mechanism for customizing the Jailshell environment. This is something on our todo list.

3. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Noticed. Trying to add the whole Java application to the jailshell environment just caused chaos. I decided to get the customer to work with a non-java solution. Plus java is just more problems. :rolleyes: