Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job for mariadb.service failed after data directory move

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by hooumeri, Jan 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. hooumeri

hooumeri Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi everyone,

I'm running MariaDB10.0.1, today I had to move my data-directory because the default path (var/lib/mysql) is in my root partition and was causing it to fill up. I moved the data-directory to /home/mysql.

I have checked the file permissions and I think they are correct. I have obviously also specified the new path for the data-directory. What I also did is edit MariaDB settings to allow the database directory to be in the /home/ folder.

I am now getting the following error:

Code:
    [root@raccoon etc]# systemctl start mariadb
    Job for mariadb.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the control process. See "systemctl status mariadb.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
    [root@raccoon etc]# systemctl status mariadb.service
    ● mariadb.service - MariaDB database server
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
      Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/mariadb.service.d
               └─migrated-from-my.cnf-settings.conf
       Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: signal) since Mon 2017-01-30 10:51:26 CET; 954ms ago
      Process: 10205 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/mysqld $MYSQLD_OPTS $_WSREP_NEW_CLUSTER $_WSREP_START_POSITION (code=killed, signal=ABRT)
      Process: 10154 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ ! -e /usr/bin/galera_recovery ] && VAR= ||   VAR=`/usr/bin/galera_recovery`; [ $? -eq 0 ]   && systemctl set-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION=$VAR || exit 1 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
      Process: 10143 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c systemctl unset-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
     Main PID: 10205 (code=killed, signal=ABRT)
       CGroup: /system.slice/mariadb.service

Jan 30 10:51:26 raccoon.snowblind.pro systemd[1]: Failed to start MariaDB database server.
    Jan 30 10:51:26 raccoon.snowblind.pro systemd[1]: Unit mariadb.service entered failed state.
    Jan 30 10:51:26 raccoon.snowblind.pro systemd[1]: mariadb.service failed.
    I've scavenged all of the threads on the web I could find about this error, but neither of the fixes seem to work. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you let us know the specific entries you added to the /etc/my.cnf file?

Thank you.