The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joomla! Mail Settings

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Networkologist, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Networkologist

Networkologist Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2003

I received a reply to this question on another forum that said

Any feedback on this suggestion? Also since I've got the other clients tlds (net|org, etc) parked on the account, would I delete and move these as well?

On a particular VPS I have a Joomla! install.

I have a client that is using their own name servers and not mine; so in cPanel I deleted the DNS for this client and the site resolves fine.

See this post for a little background

I'm trying to understand how Site > Global Configuration > Mail Settings would work if the option is set to 'SMTP Server' and the client entered their mail server User Name - Password - and Host info

How would the mail leave my VPS and be routed to their mail server? Since the DNS has been deleted, no MX records exist for this client on my VPS.

This would pertain to user registration (Admin approval is required) lost passwords or even using the 'Mass Mail' feature of J!

#1 Networkologist, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. hzJayJ

hzJayJ Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    If the mail is configured outside the server (Eg google apps) the domainname should be in /etc/remotedomains not in /etc/localsomains.