The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JSON parse failed

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by r0drig0, Mar 25, 2012.

1. r0drig0

r0drig0 Member

Hello,

i have problem with sub-domain when creating a new email account.

The following message show. "ERROR - JSON parse failed."

When a refresh the page the email account is created but when i try to login the via webmail i have this message: Login Attempt Failed!
    I am sure the user/pass is OK.

json-parse-failed.png

Any tips what is the problem?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Which browser on what operating system are you using and what is your cPanel version?

3. r0drig0

r0drig0 Member

Hello,

WHM 11.30.6 (build 6)
    CENTOS 5.8 i686 standard on server
    ---
    Firefox 11.0
    Windows 7

4. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can you please download the Firebug option for Firefox so we can see the coding on the page that is failing? Also, if you could tail the cPanel error log in root SSH at /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log location to see if any errors are outputting, that would be very helpful. Thanks!

5. r0drig0

r0drig0 Member

Here is the output logs:
    ================

Failed to update maildirsize file for test2@sub.somedomain.com. Unable to safely open file: No such file or directory at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Email/Maildir.pm line 70
    Cpanel::Email::Maildir::set_maildirsize_quota('test2', 'sub.somedomain.com', 250, 1) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Email.pm line 1017
    Cpanel::Email::addpop('test2', 010203, 250, 'sub.somedomain.com', 0, 1, 0, 0) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Email.pm line 3278
    Cpanel::Email::api2_addpop('quota', 250, 'password', testpassw, 'cache_fix', 1333506651605, 'domain', 'sub.somedomain.com', 'email', 'test2') called at (eval 5) line 1
    eval '$dataref = [Cpanel::Email::api2_addpop(%{$rCFG})];' called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Api2/Exec.pm line 87
    Cpanel::Api2::Exec::api2_exec('Email', 'addpop', HASH(0xa048988), HASH(0xa04c2cc)) called at cpanel line 890
    main::docpanelaction(HASH(0xa04c320)) called at cpanel line 4873
    main::run_fast_json_mode() called at cpanel line 409
    [2012-04-03 22:30:35 -0400] warn [mxadmin] Failed to create /home/someuser/mail/sub.somedomain.com/test2/maildirsize: No such file or directory at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Email/Perms/User.pm line 108
    Cpanel::Email::Perms::User::_set_perms('/home/someuser', 'mail/%domain%/%user%/maildirsize', ARRAY(0x84555bc), HASH(0xa46a434)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Email/Perms/User.pm line 81
    Cpanel::Email::Perms::User::_ensure_perms('USER', '/home/someuser', 'sub.somedomain.com', 'test2') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Email/Perms/User.pm line 52
    Cpanel::Email::Perms::User::ensure_user_perms('/home/someuser', 'sub.somedomain.com', 'test2') called at bin/mxadmin line 119

6. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

There appears to be a permissions issue with the file or folder for /home/someuser/mail possibly. Either that folder doesn't exist, has the wrong file permissions or has the wrong ownership, or the account is over disk space.

If you do not have root administrator access to the machine for SSH, please contact the hosting provider to investigate further.

Thanks!

7. r0drig0

r0drig0 Member

I had notice that some folder are missing
    /home/someuser/mail
    /home/someuser/etc

Is there a command or something i can do to recreate the missing folder?

Thank you

8. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can recreate the folders, but /home/someuser/etc cannot be entirely repopulated for the file as the email users will be missing. Please confirm if you have root access in SSH to the server or do not have that access. If you do not have the access, the options available to you are far more limited.

9. tukaa

tukaa Registered

I know this is a old post but I thought I'd let you know that by deleting the cron.allow it will enable cpanel to openly allow all users to use cron again.

I had this problem when I made the cron.allow file as it did not exist and well by doing so locked cpanel from being able to use cron unless they had permission. I deleted cron.allow and it started working again.