Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Just a little direction needed...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uqdroma, Apr 10, 2005.

1. uqdroma

uqdroma Registered

I don't mind searching for answers on my own but can anyone take a look at this DNS report and tell me which errors can be fixed by me, and which have to be fixed by my webhost. It's a full ded. server, so I have full root access and it is running on Red Hat 9.x "supported." CPanel is all good and updated, but I have very limited DNS knowledge, although I have a full understanding of most other Networking concepts...i.e. IP addressing and such. The only thing that seems to be working correctly is my domain cactechonline.com is resolving fine, but I can't create any accounts 'till the DNS issue is resolved. Do I even need to run DNS, or is this something my server co. can handle in their DNS 'cuz they got an A record for me, but no record for www? I'd rather serve my own DNS if it's not too difficult rather than bother them with the issue. So, basically that's how I arrived at my original question. Much thanks for any help!!

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=cactechonline.com

Also, I have three IP's to work with. One is already set up as the main server IP bound to my domainname in their DNS A record

#1 uqdroma, Apr 10, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  2. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

Hi ,
    There seems to be just a little error here:

You named and setup your nameservers on your server like this
    ns2.webhostplus.net.
    ns1.webhostplus.net.

you are using those at your registrar :
    ns01.webhostplus.net.
    ns02.webhostplus.net.

You just need to correct that either at your registrar or on your server and you should be fine ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. uqdroma

uqdroma Registered

Thanks gorilla, Geez, obviouos error there, I know right where to fix that....