The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a question about server cluster

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by colorteck, Aug 23, 2005.

1. colorteck

colorteck Member

I have numerous cPanel servers clustered together using the same set of name servers. When I reboot the #1 server the #2 server websites will not show up but on all the other server that are clustered work fine it is just this one server.

Here are my setting for the #1 server
    Synchronize Changes

now on the #2 server I have standalone as it lists all the servers in the cluster.

So what is causing this. Is only one server suppose to be Synchronize Changes and all the rest standalone? This only happens on the #2 server but all the rest work fine when I reboot the #1 server or if it goes down.

Also hey cPanel quit changing the links around in WHM I get use to it then all of the sudden an update and I am lost. :D

2. richy

richy Well-Known Member

The clustering system is only a DNS cluster - it does not cluster web files, email etc.

3. colorteck

colorteck Member

yes but for some reason when i reboot the #1 server no one on the #2 server can get to their website. The server is up but something is not right it should only affect server #1 when I reboot it not #2

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Have you actually configured all the domains to use two name server records, one on each server? Obviously, that needs to be done in all the zone files and with all the registrars for the domains on each server.

5. colorteck

colorteck Member

yes I have an it updates on all servers but still brings down #2 server when rebooting #1 server.