The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a Quick Question from a Newbie ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flash32, Jan 13, 2004.

1. flash32

flash32 Registered

I am in the process of getting the resellers account. I just went thru the "HowTo's" on their support page. I noticed that a Lot of the "Movies" will not load...in fact it just displays a White page and freezes! I use the back arrow and go to the next one. I am about 1/4 of the way throght now. I have missed some very important ones. My question is: Are they limited on how many users can access the Movies at one time?

Another Question?

Any Advice for a Newbie just starting in the Resell business?
    I need all the help I can get.

I would like to download the Whole Movie "Howto's" to watch off line if possible. Can anyone tell me if that can be done or not. I doupt it but it was worth a shot?

Thanks a bunch
    Flash32:D

#1 flash32, Jan 13, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2004
  2. Devil Inside

Devil Inside Well-Known Member

The resell business....

interesting term...If you can get signups using advertising tools such as FindMyHosting.com - the potential is there to go dedicated in 60 days.

I could have if I priced my plans lower to start with. But I didn't. So it took me 7 months.

Not saying it's easy to do! don't want to give you the wrong impression. But once the sales start rolling in consistantly. And you CAN afford a dedicated server, and know enough to manage one - go for it.

Then transfer all the accounts from your reseller space to the dedicated server to cut costs.

**Get a business plan if you are serious about web hosting**
    A business plan is basically a list/order of what you need to get for your company - and their costs. Can be a bare minimum of things to get by, or if you have some startup cash (say $300) you might be able to spend a little more and get some nice whatevers to attact business. or make you life easier.

And just to give you an idea of how quickly a hosting biz can take off... - The guy where I started out at had a reseller plan to start with. With his first $100 or so went ahead and got a dedicated server. He now has over 17 hosting servers + gaming servers. This happend in under 2 years time...*just scarey to think about :eek: I've had one dedicated server for 2 months...*

And about the movies on that site...probaby can't download them - They're most likely flash movies. And silly macromedia won't let you download them :(

or do they somehow??

Hope this helps you see the earning potential - and not scare you away!

Places like these forums and webhostingtalk.com are great communities for when you need some help or advice on how to handle certain issues that arise.

I don't know many other industries where "competitors" are willing to give each other a hand!
    But then there's so many potential clients out there...Plenty for everyone if you can get them!

#2 Devil Inside, Jan 14, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  3. flash32

flash32 Registered

thanks for the reply

thank you for the Reply. I do appreicate it. I found a server with lots of features (more than I had before) ! I ordered it about 4 hours ago. havn't been there to set everything up yet. But I am now Officially a Re-seller of Web Space now.

more advice is more than Welcome

Flash32

4. flash32

flash32 Registered

An Update....??

Well, I have had the Resellers account and 3 hosts since I last posted. Seems that some companies has very bad Customer Service. I love it now tho and have a Host that is really good to deal with..In fact I have two host companies. One is a Re-sellers account. I havn't tried to sell space tho.

I run some forums and I really get a kick out of it. I build them and Modify them and see what all I can do with them then Delete them. Just Learning is all and Playing an Adult Game....

Some of them I have Played with is : PHPnuke, PostNuke,Invision,Ybbs and PHPbb2..working on the PHPbb2 now trying to learn the ropes inside and out...not having too good luck with this one...Very Confusing to me where the Code is concerned....Was thinking about the vBulletin after I get tired of the PHPbb2...LOL :)

Have a Good one..
    Flash32