The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a wild question...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dianaward, Apr 12, 2005.

1. dianaward

dianaward Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Is there Any way on a cpanel server to make email go out from different IPs?

I ask because I have quite a few customers who mail commercial email, and if they had dedicated email IPs it would help with following up the occasional complaint, and if one has an irate customer who reports them unjustly, it wouldn't get the others spam blacklisted along with them so quickly.

2. HostDime

HostDime Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Everyone has that problem. :)

I believe only one IP can be set at a time to send out mail from a server in a standard cPanel server, using exim.conf you can change the IP whenever you would like.

Or.. if the server is VPS.. that is the ideal solution so everyone has their own IPs for mail (each account is like its own little system, with its own exim.conf file I believe). But it's ideal to not have very many accounts on a VPS.. but if they are doing a lot of mailing, they should pay the price for that peace of mind.

3. dianaward

dianaward Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I figured that VPS would be required.

They eat up so much room on the server though. So, another question. How hard and/or expensive is it to get software to create VPSs on a server?