cPanel & WHM Version
CLOUDLINUX 6.10 kvm v94.0.4

Musepuckl

Registered
Dec 31, 2017
Santa Barbara CA
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
There have been some other Imagick error threads here and I believe there wasn't much of a fix.

/* Version warning: Imagick was compiled against Image Magick version 1654 but version 1650 is loaded. Imagick will run but may behave surprisingly in Unknown on line 0*/

Please someone tell me if my hosting company is telling me BS.

According to a support tech, the error occurs because the AddHandler line in the .htaccess refers to the EA4 version of php saying
"AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php## .php" instead of "AddHandler application/x-httpd-php## .php". He said the 2nd one would be the correct entry.

But he told me that I can safely ignore it and that it is a WordPress or Theme/Plugin or PHP version issue (sound like my fault)?

The reference to ea-php is automatically inserted when upgrading to 7.3 or 7.4. I have no input into that.
Wouldn't it be the duty of the hosting company to configure cPanel in a way that the correct code is inserted? Or is that too naive to think?

BTW the server (reseller) was upgraded from a suPHP version in June 2020. Up to then the highest was 5.6 I believe.

Is my hosting company is telling me BS?

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It does sound to me like the host should be able to resolve that issue by fixing imagick/image magick.

The AddHandler line in the .htaccess is automatically created by cPanel and not something that should be changed. Even if you did change it, it would likely be reset.

If you had root access to the system, I'd recommend you submit a ticket to our team and we could check these things for you directly, but with just cPanel access to the server you'd need to work with the host to get that resolved.

You can also skip the version check as outlined here:

and although that isn't a solution to the actual problem, it would keep the warning from showing up.

Musepuckl

Registered
Dec 31, 2017
Santa Barbara CA
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Thanks for posting. I am already using the imagick.skip_version_check=1 fix. But since this is a reseller server, I have to manually go through xx sites and correct the php.ini.
I understand that the AddHandler line is automatically created an will likely be reset.
But shouldn't the hosting company be able to provide the correct AddHandler automatically? Am I asking too much?

Thanks