The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just making sure this setup is correct

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lexmark, Jul 11, 2004.

1. lexmark

lexmark Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2003
    Hello, I really do not know if this setup made by someone is correct, he says that it will work but I am not sure. To make a long story short, i wanted my main site to have it's own IP address, and all of the 50+ sites I have share another IP address. The problem then was that when you typed in my site's url, it then redirected to another domain that I host on my server for some reason. Anyway, the guy helping me made a few changes, and he assigned a different IP to my domain, and told me to update the name servers using different IP addresses for both NS1 and NS2. Here is the thing, in WHM, when I go to EDIT SETUP, when i click on assign ip to nameserver, the nameserver is still the same as the old ones. Shouldnt my nameserver ips in whm match the same ip to the new ones I changed on my domain via dotster account? He says that I have to wait 24 hours to know if it works (of course for dns to propogate) but I want to make sure that nothing is wrong for when my dns has already propogated. Thanks
  2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2004
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes your name server IPs should match. Check /etc/nameserverips to confirm you are using the correct IPs. Using can help you sort out what additional problems might exist.