The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kayako support tool, PHP and PHPSuExec

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ukpro, May 5, 2006.

1. ukpro

ukpro Active Member

Hi,

PHPSuExec I have to say really makes server admin complex to say the least, albeit making a server more secure.

The server seemed to be running fine up until a week ago when an automatic upgrade of cPanel occurred. For some reason this appears to have messed up something on the server as all I keep seeing now is error messages from scripts such as soholaunch and Kayako support. Our customers are screaming at us yet EV1 say this is not a problem with a cPanel problem. Hence the reason why I am posting here.

If anyone could help I would be extremely greatful. We use Kayako eSupport to manage our customer support front and backoffice. For many that have used it you will know this is a great tool. Since cPanel upgraded itself, everytime I open up LiveResponse, the Windows application that connects to the Kayako support too on the server I get error messages. These are as follows (taken from Apache error log file):

[Fri May 5 23:08:58 2006] [error] [client IP Address Removed] client denied by server configuration: /home/username/public_html/members/winapp/index.php
    [Fri May 5 23:08:58 2006] [error] [client IP Address Removed] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/members/403.shtml
    [Fri May 5 23:08:58 2006] [error] [client IP Address Removed] client denied by server configuration: /home/username/public_html/members/winapp/index.php
    [Fri May 5 23:08:58 2006] [error] [client IP Address Removed] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/members/403.shtml
    [Fri May 5 23:08:59 2006] [error] [client IP Address Removed] client denied by server configuration: /home/username/public_html/members/winapp/index.php
    [Fri May 5 23:08:59 2006] [error] [client IP Address Removed] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/members/403.shtml
    [Fri May 5 23:09:13 2006] [error] [client IP Address Removed] client denied by server configuration: /home/username/public_html/members/staff/index.php
    [Fri May 5 23:09:13 2006] [error] [client IP Address Removed] File does not exist: /home/username/public_html/members/403.shtml

To me this seemed to be a permissions problem of the file but when I check the permissions they are set to 0644 and were uploaded in ASCII. I am really really stuck with what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#1 ukpro, May 5, 2006
    Last edited: May 5, 2006
  2. rustelekom

rustelekom Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

go to up folder and check what you see there. also sometimes., public_html lost group (it should be nobody on linux system) and rights. You should check all upper folders include /home/username for owner:group and for rights.

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Phpsuexec is not the problem.

EV1 engineers are right. There is no problem with the cPanel. Last Thursday, for some odd reasons, when an automatic upgrade of cPanel occurred, some of our clients started having all sorts of problem with php on their servers, just like you. The best way around this Php problem is to run these commands, (in that order):

/scripts/upcp --force
    /scripts/easyapache