Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Kernelcare is developed by a cloudlinux. You don't need to use cloudlinux to use kernelcare.

You can run the commands below to see if the patch is active. If it returns 1 and 99, the patch is active.

Code:
sysctl -n fs.enforce_symlinksifowner
sysctl -n fs.symlinkown_gid

Hello @vacancy I did a check with your line of code and see I am active - Just needed to know I just got a server and cents 7 Cpanel and install cloudlinuc Imunify360 and kernel care. CageFS lVE mysql Governor.
'
'so not sure where to find the file that has those 2 Lind in it?
- I did look at # nano /etc/sysctl.conf but no luck, can you tell me where I can find the file ?
- would it be different if you just have KernelCare and if you have cloudlinux and kernel care ?

thanks in advance for your help

Spiro

vacancy

Sep 20, 2012
Turkey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello @vacancy I did a check with your line of code and see I am active - Just needed to know I just got a server and cents 7 Cpanel and install cloudlinuc Imunify360 and kernel care. CageFS lVE mysql Governor.
'
'so not sure where to find the file that has those 2 Lind in it?
- I did look at # nano /etc/sysctl.conf but no luck, can you tell me where I can find the file ?
- would it be different if you just have KernelCare and if you have cloudlinux and kernel care ?

thanks in advance for your help

Spiro
Hello

If you are using the Cloudlinux kernel, the symlink patch is activated automatically.

Kernelcare symlink protection file location /etc/sysconfig/kcare/sysctl.conf

Another alternative way to control kernelcare kernel protection and symlink protection is kcarectl --info command. Installed patches will appear here.

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello

If you are using the Cloudlinux kernel, the symlink patch is activated automatically.

Kernelcare symlink protection file location /etc/sysconfig/kcare/sysctl.conf

Another alternative way to control kernelcare kernel protection and symlink protection is kcarectl --info command. Installed patches will appear here.
@vacancy thank you so much. Yes this helps a bunch.
Totally appreciate you

kind regards,
Spiro